Carlos V Kzr

Terrible customer service

The manager on West County gives terrible service she ups prices on items, Ive seen one girl clean everything while the manager sits down and does nothing all day. She gives attitude to all customers.

Preferred solution: Better customer service and a new manager

Manoj P Vkv
map-marker Philadelphia, Pennsylvania

I want to cancel my card

No benefit another gas center low price every time online pay they lock my account I dont like why not they allowed cancel my account I didnt get any benefit from Valero and I paid more money because I opened Valero card how can I canceled as soon as possible?
Tracy H Ngh

Verified Reviewer

Charged me for gas I was not able to pump

Valero - Charged me for gas I was not able to pump

I went inside the store, bought a few items, then asked for $20 in gas, paid the total, and went out to pump my gas. I took the handle off the pump, put it in my gas tank, and the numbers were going like I was pumping gas, but no gas was coming out.

I pulled the handle out, and it was still showing that I was pumping gas, as I was holding it in the air. I told the attendant that this was happening, he wouldnt come out to investigate it, he then told me to pull to the gas pump behind me, I did, but he hadnt started the pump yet. I went back in to see why the new pump wasnt ready for me to pump gas, and the so called owner was now inside the store. He said they refunded me $14.75 on to my card.

I asked him what about the $5 in air, not gas, that was pumped. He called me a liar, and said that pumps dont lie. He told me if the pump said that $5 in gas was used, it was used. I told him that no gas came out at allHe then REFUSED me service.

Their mistake, and I ended up paying them $5 for invisible gas, and they refused me service! I have been a loyal customer to this store for years, I couldnt believe the guy who Ive bought gas and other things from for years, was now refusing me service to his store over $5.

Its not the amount of money, its the principle of it. I will never go back to that store again, and every person I know that lives around me has heard the story.

Loss:
Pros:
  • Good gas prices
  • Good location
Cons:
  • Lot of homeless around the station
  • Bad customer service
  • Called a faithful patron a liar

Preferred solution: Apology

User's recommendation: DON’T GO TO THIS VALERO STATION!!!

Richard Jez

Verified Reviewer

Never Is able to get a receipt at the pump

Funny how they're able to take my money at the pump but if I want to receipt for the transaction I have to go and see the clerk tell your lazy employees to go fill the paper up

User's recommendation: Go Elsewhere

Douglas D Tiy

| map-marker Tumwater, Washington

Because how the GM treated a paying customer

I stopped by Christmas Eve to purchase some scratch off tickets for a dirty Santa gift and I was treated by the general manager like no paying customer should ever be treated I was in line for a maximum minute and a half and she tells me I needed to hurry up cuz I'm holding the line I look back and there's two people behind me she was in a pissy mood so I get treated like crap uncalled for unnecessary and super unprofessional this lady does not need to hold a management position she needs to be fired immediately because not only that I walk out the guy behind me walked out losing customers left and right Valero and I need to talk to somebody with authority with this company immediately I will not let them stand

Loss:
Cons:
  • You get treated like crap
  • You get a headache

Preferred solution: Apology

User's recommendation: Shop at your own risk be prepared to be treated like crap by the general manager if she's in a bad mood

Guest

It's not hard to spot a horrible person who is a wolf dressed in cheap sheep clothing You talk about celebrating Christmas by gambling no less (great example huh) and encouraging others down your path. A NORMAL person by now would have enjoyed Christmas with family (who probably don't like you) and moved on with their lives by now.

You on the other hand are still hurt. Seek therapy loser and at least tell them what YOU did to get this mess started.

reply icon Replying to comment of Guest-2454485

LOL, THE SCRATCHERS where actually for dirty Santa Mr. Perfect.

You don't even know me, so how dare you judge me, but it's cool we all have a right to have an opinion even if it is coming from a lame *** that knows everything. If you truly knew what I went through and still recovering from, you wouldn't be so hateful and inconsiderate. I am a single parent of 2 boys trying my best to be the best father I can and I lead be a great example for them.

My wife died 13 months ago and it's a daily struggle. So don't be so quick to think your so right, because your you couldn't be so farther from the truth but everything I wrote was facts I didn't lie don't lie but keep doing what you do I'm pretty sure it's getting you very far in life hope you have a Merry Christmas and a good New Year ***

reply icon Replying to comment of Guest-2454668

And there you have it. You PROVED that you are a walking T U R D Normal people don't feel the need to pad their lame complaints with irrelevant factoids that have nothing to do with anything.

No one cares about your parent's status or (rest her soul) your old lady's passing.

What kind of "parent" is out beefing with gas station people and online monitoring complaints? Time to move on with your (LOL) life and find another place to gamble.

Guest

Sounds like she was perhaps in a really bad mood at having to work Christmas Eve. It sucks but is no valid reason to be mean to customers.

Guest

Your post isn’t clear. I’m guessing she thought you were taking too long once it was your turn. Did you take longer than 20-30 seconds to pick out what you wanted?

reply icon Replying to comment of Guest-2453944

As soon as it was my turn, I asked if she had a certain scratcher, she said no sir, then I asked for another certain scratcher once again she said no, then I asked what scratcher #7 ticket number is on and right then is when the wicked witch of the South came flying in on her broom. By then I have been at the counter for a max of 40 seconds and that's me being generous. There were two people behind me and one other person in the other line in Grant I was so furious I walked out without purchasing anything the guy behind me said everything on the floor and walked out right behind me but the mix of everything I drive my freaking wallet with all my money in it and I wasn't paying attention because I was mad so I lost my money clip

reply icon Replying to comment of Guest-2453961

Got it. She needs to check herself and her behavior.

View more comments (6)
map-marker Plano, Texas

Open water I bought

Valero - Open water I bought
Valero - Open water I bought - Image 2
6621 K Ave Plano TX. I bought a Ozarka water bottle for $1.59 and turns out the water was open and the wrapper was tapped together.

User's recommendation: Never go there for a beverage

Terry H Kso

Verified Reviewer

Bad gas vehicle repair and rental car

I started with premium it pumped 1 gallon in 5 minutes. Stopped pump switched to mid-grade.

It took about 15 minutes to pump 15 gallons and didn't shut off and overflowed. .7 miles check engine light came on and rough running before complete shutdown. I am out 16 gallons auto repair and rental car. While completing complaint 3 other complaints came in for same reason.

Believe water in gas. Having mechanic at dodge dealer verify and write up.

This at a stripes/valero station at 5376 Kell W Blvd, Wichita Falls, TX 76310 I need restitution for expenses. 970-560-****stay far away from this station manage playing on phone rather than helping me just shoved a tablet in my hand and walked off.

S

Amber a Mch

| map-marker Saint Paul, Virginia

Completely Disrespected and embarrassed

Valero - Completely Disrespected and embarrassed
Valero - Completely Disrespected and embarrassed - Image 2

HI. first I want to say how I love and enjoy having your store in my little town and to let u know out of the 3 gas station in my town Valero is the only one I use and usually the employees are great .

Until lately and it's only been one and I regret to say I don't know her name but she was working today when I was there at 3:03pm and I have the receipt and will keep it. So plz let me know what u need from it to inform u of whomever she is. First off a couple of weeks ago she was very very rude, hateful and just not a people person.. She was loud at me and cussed profanity words will she was checking me out.

I did say something about it because there were children in the store. Today as I came in with my husband to get gas and cigarettes as soon as she looked as me she got red in the face. She was staring at me in a very unpleasant manner. I was looking at phone charges.

Well my husband was in line waiting and he went up to look at the 3 hour energy shots. Well as we were paying for are gas and cigs. She loudly and unreal rudely said said u need to pay for that energy shots just because my husband looked at them while waiting. It was embarrassing to be accused of talking something without paying for it.

She is a very rude employee and out of the way and I will not come back until she's gone but I do love the store.Its Fastmart 16550 Riverside Dr St.paul Virginia 24283.

Like I said I have the receipt and she was a woman, bigger women around in her late 40s to 50 and it was today on Halloween 2023 at 2:30. Thank you

Cons:
  • This location as the customer service was extremely horrible

Preferred solution: Employee fired. Me or many family members are refusing to come back. Shea very rude

Rachel Lsv
map-marker San Jose, California

Paid & got no fuel

7264 N. Blackstone-Fresno, CA...Pumped $5 and was getting no gas-quit pumping. ...3rd time this happened at a Valero. Also, street sign says $4.49 but 4.99 @ pump.

User's recommendation: AVOID VALERO

Crystal D Mke

Refund for gas spill

Original review Dec 16, 2023
The gas nozzle malfunctioned and kept pumping gas. It spilled, pouring gas all over the outside of my car and all over the ground into the opposite side. By the time it was stopped the price went up and I had to pay that bill and was not refunded for it. I tried asking for a person or a phone number to resolve this issue but was told that they weren't allowed to give me that information and that I should have read the signs. I am disputing this charge with my bank and reporting the BBB if I don't hear back from anyone. This was dangerous and handled very poorly.

Preferred solution: Full refund

User's recommendation: Never go to a Valero.

map-marker Hartford, Connecticut

Bad service and business practice

Valero is a horible run company lacking in customer service. I had one returned payment 131.00 when found paid full balance. They then kept funds and closed my account due to the one failed payment and recived 600.00 before due date of bill. Billed 11/17/2023 295.00 due 12/13. Payment made 12/09 600.00. They suspended my account 11/27 no notification. Do not ever use valero ever. Sent 6000 in 3 years and sick to my stomach I ever spent dime with this company.
Mark R Ytv

Unauthorized charge

To whom it may concern, I was charged from this establishment and didn't authorize this transaction. Haven't been able to get any feedback from customer support.

David C Pnw

| map-marker Menlo Park, California

Poor customer service

Went in to buy a pack of cigarettes.As I stood at the counter none of the 4 or5 employees even looked or acknowlaged

Me. After 5 mins one employee looked at me and said we are changing shifts so it will be a few minutes.I waited another 10 mins before someone finally waited on me. Very poor management and roude employees.Seemed they were only concerned with their own personal business as they joke amongst theirselves and stood around doing nothing .By the time they waited on me there was a long line of people backed up and this is at 10 pm.I guess working so far out of town on highway 5 gives them more rights to be rude and inconsiderate to customers.

Pros:
  • Convenience and variety
Cons:
  • Poor customer service

Preferred solution: They need to change their shift changing Procedures to better accommodate their customers.This is easy to fix unless the management does know how to run a business or they just don't care.

User's recommendation: Don't go there during shift changes or you won't like ito

LA G Agf

| map-marker San Antonio, Texas

The cashier licked her fingers to separate or open a plastic bag for my purchases.

There are other ways to open it such as using a hand sanitizer which moistens the bag and will open it.

To her credit, she reluctantly yanked out another bag with her same dirty fingers that she had licked, and then again and again each time I asked her to get a clean bag she also sanitized her hands when I asked her to and then pulled out several bags for me to just pick one off. She was annoyed but I thanked her for indulging me so to speak.

With the concern of covid returning, really persons should not be licking their fingers and applying it to the bags, spreading germs.

User's recommendation: Customers should continue to ask them to sanitize their hands if they see this happening or any other unclean habits such as wiping their noses or face or scratching.

kodi s Zgq

| map-marker Portsmouth, Ohio

Gas issue ohio

valero gas station on gallia street in portsmouth ohio..twice i have gotten gas there and the amount of gas i purchased did not go into my tank. i complained to an employee and she told me that they have multiple complaints about ppl not getting any gas out the pump at all but it runs the dollar amount like you are, the pumps running and nothing coming out til 3 or 4 $ in and ppl receiving bad gas/watered down gas.

this is the third time ive only gotten some gas for what i paid and i called the gas station and the employee told me there was no owner supervisor or manager i could speak to and none that would be coming in.

i asked about the owner and he said he only comes in every once in a while from out of country so i asked him to take my name and phone number and let owner or manager know there was an issue and have them return my phone call and he said he was to busy and i was still in the parking lot and there was zero ppl inside the store and when i said that and said this is an ongoing issue and an issue with other ppl as well and has been reported to other workers and id appreciate it if he could take my name and number and have someone thst can handle customer service issues and complaints return my call id appreciate it and he said no and hung up. the employee also said a few years ago the store was in trouble for this exact same thing.

kodi sexton

Pros:
  • Great chain
Cons:
  • Check issues are dealt with asap

Preferred solution: fix the issue and keep it fixed

User's recommendation: be sure you are getting ALL the gas you are paying for

Louise c Pen

| map-marker Irving, Texas

The lady was high on something was very angered with me because I was upset about a why my money was taken off my card on a canceled

Valero - The lady was high on something was very angered with me because I was upset about a why...
Just alot of yelling i was upset but she was more upset then me came charging me like she was ready to kick my ass.just because I was not understanding why my money was off my card on a void

User's recommendation: Make sure you have all the money on your card because if not your card gets a hold on the money thats on card

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content
  • PissedConsumer is on the Inc. 5000 list

For more information read Blog article